New Home Owner Guide

Welcome to Aberdeen.Congratulations on your home purchase.   
Here is information that may help you as you prepare for your move and as a new resident of Aberdeen. 

Where do I live? Do I live in the city Suwanee, Johns Creek or neither?

Technically, the answer is 'neither'. Aberdeen is located in Unincorporated Forsyth County. This means our area is served ONLY by our County Government and not by a city government. 
The Zip code 30024 serves both Unincorporated Forsyth County, city of Suwanee and Johns Creek. Technically, you can use either Suwanee or Johns Creek in your mailing address, but for any government services you should go to Forsyth County. The city of Suwanee is in Gwinnett and the city of Johns Creek is located in Fulton County. We know it's confusing, just always go to the Forsyth County website and you will find everything that you need. 
For more information, go to Forsyth County Website. Navigate to the 'How To' link at the top of the page to learn how to get a marriage license, adopt a pet, register to vote, or to register your vehicle. 
Forsyth County How To?

How do I get trash pickup for my home?

Trash collection in Aberdeen is not included in the assessments, so homeowners may either take their trash to the Old Atlanta Convenience Center   or sign up for service with Advanced Disposal or the hauler of their choice. The HOA has entered into a agreement with Advanced Disposal for prepaid trash service at a discount. This is a prepaid service that is paid each year at the time you pay your assessment if you choose to participate. There is a significant discount for doing this since Advanced Disposal does not have to send quarterly bills to every home in Aberdeen. And the benefit to the neighborhood is fewer trucks coming through Aberdeen and the addition of a recycling program with pickup on the same day if the homeowner chooses to do this. To sign up if there are no Advanced Disposal cans left by the previous owner,
contact our management company HMS via our contact page. 

Who do I contact for service for Electricity?

Sawnee Electric serves Aberdeen. You can contact them through this website: 

Who do I contact for water & sewer utilities?

Forsyth County provides water and sewer service to those that live in Aberdeen: Click this link to go directly to Forsyth County Water and Sewer Website:
For more information or any other information on Forsyth County Utility Providers, select the following link:

Who do I contact for natural gas service to my home?

Natural Gas is deregulated in Georgia which means you can choose from a variety of providers. 
Here is one website to direct you:
For more information or any other information on Forsyth County Utility Providers, select the following link for specific Forsyth County info:
Forsyth County Utility Information

How do I get pool access cards?

The previous owner should have given them to you, and if you have them notify the Board so we can reactivate them.  But if not, please email the Board  Contact Us and request new cards.  Each owner is entitled to 2 cards at no charge, and additional cards are $5 each.  Cards are required for entry into the pool area, so please use your card each time you enter the pool and do not let anyone other than family members or your guests into the pool area by holding the gate open.  

This was great information, but my question was not answered. Where can I go for additional information?

Once logged into the website, you can go to the Frequently Asked Questions area of the website or email the Directors via the 'Contact Us' link on the website. 

How do I dispose of garbage, trash, large items, or recycling before our next trash pickup?

If you are an Advanced Disposal customer, you can call to schedule a free bulk pickup once a month from Advanced Disposal. You will need to describe the item and they will schedule a pickup. 
If you have a few bags of extra trash or recycling and you want to dispose of it immediately, you can take it to the Old Atlanta Convenience Center  for a small fee.